segunda-feira, 22 de junho de 2020

Learning Chinese/Mandarin with subtitles - day 4

I spent some days without doing any Chinese Anki cards because of the edition of my Les Trois Mousquetaires with L-R method (and I still didn't finish it).

But today I restarted my Mandarin Subtitle study and I did 15 reviews, five new cards, and two relearned.

I doubt if I'm really learning something, but I'll continue the task until be sure about the results. Maybe this might improve when I start the L-R method with Chinese texts, maybe the Jehovah Witness' book of "My Bible Stories".

Because it's not being easy studying those Chinese Anki cards, I decided to do it in the morning, as soon as possible, to not postpone the study.

I also noticed that I'm going very slowly and after one month I don't believe it'll be possible to reach the middle of the movie. Maybe it just helps me to be used with the Chinese sounds. Not more. But let's see what happens.

Sentences like that one (below), it's not easy to understand without its context and, of course, the help of the translated subtitle

多许一更 = much more? or Could it be don't wait too much?

Frankly, I didn't understand the 一更 [yīgēng] expression. What means "the first of the five-night watch periods 19:00-21:00 "? I didn't get it.

How is your Chinese, could you explain it to me?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário