quinta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2014

Academic English

I was reading a post on the Internet about academic language, and I realize that my English is better when I am talking about everyday events than academic English.

When I try to understand academic English my level go down. It's like if I were a B1 level in academic English, but a Be everyday English. So I decided to take it apart, as it were a different language and learn it.

What I mean, I'll try to learn and speak academic English too. Perhaps it seems a crazy idea, but I must be able to speak two Englishes: the regular English and the academic one.

What do you think about?

Dez. 19, 2018. Post-scriptum: I am not sure anymore about those differences. Sometimes I think my academic comprehension is better than my everyday vocabulary. Maybe I spent more time trying to improve my academic language skill that it really happened.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário