terça-feira, 18 de outubro de 2016

What kind of English do you need?



 Howdy guys

I realized that I've spent more time trying to improve my pronunciation (and speaking skills) than my writing ability, in order to do it better in an academic way.

I doubt if the time and effort spent have been correctly applied, because as an academic person (I am for up to now a Ph.D candidate) producing and publishing articles in English have a great value. Certainly, who just know formal and written English forms can't communicate in a common and natural way, but neither me.

I'll gain more credit if I could write a correct English paper, definitely much more than what I've achieved until now with my pronunciation. In fact I really need to write in a perfect English, but the problems is, I am also confuse about how to do that, i.e., what kind of study activities could help me improve. If there were someone who could correct my mistakes and show me what I must to study and practice more that would be great. However, as they say, make do with what you have.

So I will continue to study on my way and trying to figure out more useful and efficient manners to do it. Anyway, I think that continuing to improve my listening and speaking also will help me to go further.

Searching for people interested in practice by skype (for free) had no useful result, and I still continue with no partner to improve my spoken English. This is the reason I've thought that is better for me to just dedicate more time to improve my writing, instead of trying to speak better. I am conscious of the fact that language is more related to speaking actions, but sometimes is necessary to take a more pragmatic approach, and try to work out a method that go straight to the point and gives me what I need.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário